A virtual retreat hosted by your VERY OWN .....
.... the crowd Roars... what is it yelling??? WHERE IS THE PATTERN!!!!!
hehe... Ok.. you have all been FABULOUS sports (even those of you who have NOT been patient.... ha!)
... so here is the block we'll be making.. your Orange Pile (OP) challenge block!
So EXACTLY WHAT are we doing this weekend during out FUN AND FUNKY Virtual Retreat? Let's do a little over view
- The theme is to use orange fabric. Use it with some buddies, 2 or more buddy colors is good.
- We'll explore how orange LOOKS with other colors and put it in different ratios.
- You'll be making up this 'OP' Block. You'll be using your orange in different positions in the block. Center? Circle? Corners? Sashings?
- Tomorrow afternoon we'll start to discuss how we can set these fun blocks in different ways.
- Who is the quilt for? I HOPE it's for YOU!!! I am going to put mine on my bed.. yes I am! A quilt for me to USE! Do you have a quilt on YOUR bed????? No? Then this is it!
- We'll also be doing a 'blog hop'... just like a shop hop only here on the net in our little virtual world of quilting playmates. I have a GREAT lineup of girls waiting for you to visit them.. each with a prize to give away.. thank you sweeties!!!
- I'm going to send you off to see other blogs I found interesting.
- We'll share photos.. ohhh... ahh... the best part.. like FIREWORKS on the 4th of July!
- share other thoughts.. like .. what you are EATING on retreat.... making for dinner or NOT making!
- Did you go shopping on retreat.. (well DUH... Of COURSE YOU WILL!). Share photos of what you bought or links to your virtual shopping delights!
I wanted to give you a block that is fun and easy to do. You don't want to be fussy about this block as our goal is to work with color. Our goal is NOT perfect blocks. We want to work fairly quickly so we can get a lot of blocks done over the weekend. Working quickly allows you to play with your fabric and not be worried about block construction.
So lets' look a little closer at the block.
Start off with a center and frame it out. (the pattern has step by step drawings with the sizes to cut)
Cut it in half, and then turn and cut again so you have 4 parts and add some sashing. (the pattern has a drawing of this with the sizes to cut)
Now you need to print the pattern.Download The OP challenge block directions
In the Next post I'll give you a link to an alternate pattern that's pretty darn cute! The designer gave us the ok to use it... woot!
So go make some blocks and post a link to you blog in the comments.. or go to my yahoo group and load the photos to the OP folder there!
yahoo group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pat-Sloan-Quilts/
Let's all be good scouts.. if someone asks a question in the comments and you are able to answer it.. PLEASE DO!! Be Quilter friendly!
I will do 3 more posts today... then 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. In the meantime chat in the comments, at yahoo or on Facebook... woot!
be my friend at facebook