Are you ready for some FUN in 2015? Join me for my FREE Mystery Block of the Month(BOM)! It's called VACATION TIME ... let me tell you how it works!
FreeQuiltPatterns.info asked me to design, write, make and host this FREE to YOU Block of Month. We did it in 2014, called Globetrotting, did you love that one?
This year the quilt is about the same size, and it's setting is different, but the concept is the same.
- From Jan to Sept 2015 I'll give you the pattern for a block in the quilt.
- October 2015 will be the final setting Directions.
- The pattern is ALWAYS at FreeQuiltPatterns.info website
- You can ALWAYS find the link at MY free pattern page if you forget where it is!
Mystery BOM Q&A
- Do I have to sign up? Nope! But be sure you get my newsletter - subscribe HERE
- Do I have to use your fabric? - No you don't, please make the quilt your own! But it would be super awesome if you did use a bit of mine in your quilt
- I don't understand exactly the Aqua and Navy, what fabrics do I need?
I am making TWO versions of my quilt to show you how it looks in 2 color ways. I explain it in the video. Here is the scoop
---Page 3 the Cream, Red and Green fabrics that are used in BOTH versions.
---Page 4 is the fabrics I will use for the AQUA version, add those to page 3 for 14 fabrics total.
---Page 5 is the fabrics I will use for the NAVY version, add those to page 3 for 14 fabrics total.
---You buy EITHER aqua and navy, NOT both
- What are the numbers? The LARGE number ON the fabric is the Fabric identifier I'll be using when I write the blocks patterns. The small longer number under the fabric swatch is the fabric ordering number for those that want to get the same I used.
- Do I have to buy all the fabric at once? It is idea to do that unless you are going scrappy. Because a year is a long way out, and what you have might not be availble anymore 6 months down the road. Plus it's a mystery, so I can't tell you which fabrics are used first. I can tell you that the cream dot is the background, like i say in the video. So it's used right away.
- Can a beginner do this? I think you can, but I won't be teaching rotary cutting or 1/4 seam allowance. So basic skills are needed. Take a look at Globetrotting from last year and see if you think it meets your skill set.
- Where will the pattern be published? it will ONLY be at FreeQuiltPatterns.info website. I will have extra tips here, but you need to download your own pattern to use. If you are having trouble ask a friend, or go to your library to have someone help you.
My newsletter sign up HERE
Are you ready for the supply list and my video?
Tell me if you are going to join me,
I'm SO excited!
ps.. my fabric can be found at THESE shops
post continues below ad