I have a passion for creating and quilts are my medium.
I'm quilt designer and book author, radio/podcast show host and fabric designer Pat Sloan! Thank you for stopping in, I can't wait to get to know you.
I started sewing as a child (love those doll clothes!) and I continued to sew clothing for myself until I discovered quilting. I've been quilting now for over 20 years. But I made my first 'first quilt' way before that! CLICK HERE to read about it
to put my quilt ideas into self published patterns.
I start out my designs by drawing them in note pads
Then I move them into the computer.
What I have found is that I really enjoy sharing what I do. I love to travel to talk and teach from my quilt designs. And I really love to see what other quilters do with my patterns. The best part is traveling around the country meeting you and watching what you do with my designs in a workshop! (CLICK HERE to have me come visit you!)
I have designed several fabric lines with P&B Textiles. Now I'm thrilled to have my fabric printed with Moda Fabrics. I design patterns to showcase my fabric lines and I have 30 books publishded with Leisure Arts
The best way to see my work is to CLICK HERE and look around. I have books, patterns and my fabric. One day I'll have a pretty gallery page... one... day...
In addition to publishing my own patterns, I design patterns for all the major quilt magazines. Like American Patchwork & Quilting, McCall's Quilting, McCall's Quick Quilts, Quilters World, Quilting Arts, and the Fons and Porter magazines.
My other great passion is hosting my internet radio show! Every Monday is a new show where I interview loads of quilt authors, fabric designers, and interesting people in the world of quilting.
American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine is my sponsor and the show is all RECORDED! My Internet Radio show is hugely popular! It is the only "All quilting" radio show on the internet. New recordings come out each Monday afternoon after the live show at 4pm eastern. Subscribe via iTunes, listen on your computer or download to a player and listen while you quilt!
All the recordings are online FOREVER! So you can listen at a time that works for you.
I also work with several corporations to host events for them.
- Write articles for their blogs
- Research techniques
- Do Product Demos
- Make videos for them to showcase their products
- Advise on Social Media
- Evaluate new products
- Host blog hops
I am the Host of Auifil's Designer of the Month program for several years now
I helped Sullivan's USA with their EDGE ruler design and double sided mats
Designed and hosted the 2014 Block of the Month for FreeQuiltPatterns.Info
- I love to share. On my blog I do sew alongs, share fabric finds, tips, interivews and on Thursday it's show and tell day!... You can find me blogging HERE
- Chatting on Facebook HERE... twitter HERE
- And I have my own internget group of AVID quilters who I adore.. join me HERE!
- AND join my newsletter list. I send out insider tips, musing, and more several times a month CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- Questions? CLICK HERE To contact me!
- 10 things you don't Know about me CLICK HERE
- Machine Quilting An article about how I machine quilt. Click here to read it now.
- What Inspires Me to Quilt How I started to quilt and what inspires my quilt pattern designs. Click here to read my article.
- A Quilter's Story - Click here to read an article about me in Connecting Threads.
- A Study of Yellow - McCall's Quilting August 2005 issue. This is an article on working with color and fabric. Click here to read my article.
- Fabric Quality - Click here to read my article on fabric quality.
- Guest Blogs for a week that were published on Just Be Connected. Click HERE to read all 5 days.
Products I Use
Janome Horizon 12000
Bernina Aurora 440 QE
Thread- For my machine work I use Aurifil 50 and 40 weight threads. I love them for Blanket Stitching, piecing and quilting.
Adhesives (fusible web)
For a consistent fusible web every time for every project, I use Thermoweb's Heat-n-Bond Lite.
Pellon Batting products with the lower lofts
post continues below ad